• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very poor performance Ryzen 7 1700 Should i change to intel

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using a Ryzen 7 1700  for more than a year I am admitting defeat. I use a lot of correction brushes and the performance is so slow I just can't live with it anymore. I am considering an 8700k build; am I doing the right thing?

P.S I photograph children and the brushes are essential for the skin, I want to reduce the need for photoshop which runs like a dream on the same PC. I am no longer prepared to wait for Adobe to add multicore support.

Current Build

Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.5ghz

32gb DDR4 ram

GTX 980TI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't an AMD vs Intel issue. A faster CPU might help a little, but won't solve the problem. The problem is doing a lot of brushing — this is a known cause of slowness.

You could try turning off the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance Tab->uncheck "Use Graphics Processor")

If you have a 4K or larger monitor, you might want to reduce the resolution to 1920x0180.

You might want to try doing the brushing as the next to last step of editing; and the last step is to turn on transforms and lens corrections

You might want to try doing the brushing in Photoshop.

But the bottom line is that doing lots of brushing will cause slowness, there's no way around this. How much brushing (what does "lots" mean?) depends on many things, including your hardware and size of the images (in pixels), but you are clearly at that point. Sadly, if you must do a lot of brushing, LR is not a good tool at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines