11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2018 12:46 PM by Laubender

Online publishing resolution gets worse going down the page?

alank99101739 Level 5

Hi all! I am relatively new to Indesign. I was trying to use Adobe Character Animator to pose characters, then create a comic book from the results (dropping in PNG screen grabs). The overall result is working pretty well so far (in my opinion anyway! ;-)  But any advice or opinions always welcome! (I am not a professional - this is a hobby for me.)

But I was hitting an issue with the online publishing support in Indesign. If you zoom in on the screenshot below, on the left is a PDF file I exported. If you look at the characters the resolution is good. The right is the online published document. It seems like the resolution is getting worse going down the page - look at the face of the red clothing guy. The screen shots are all the same size and resolution. I understand that pixelization can occur - but not why the same image size and resolution is getting worse going down a page. Is there something I can do to fix it?

I will probably just publish the PDF document instead, but was curious if I am doing something wrong.

The current online draft of the comic is here https://indd.adobe.com/view/3902da7a-066a-448a-9e2c-de5b1295b9cd