1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2008 5:51 PM by ntsiii

How to bind list data to XML Web service request

Tahoe4Dave
      How do I bind specific columns in a DataGrid to the Web service request? I'm having trouble finding any documentation that addresses that specific pattern, i.e. sending a complex list to the server via a Flex Web service send() command. I'm fairly new to Flex programming and don't know if what I want to do is possible. Here what I've been able to do so far.

1. Using a Web service called a service on the server and retrieved a complex list.
      2. Poplulated a DataGrid with the result
      3. The user has selected multiple rows from the DataGrid using a checkbox column
      4. The user pressed a button that calls a Web service send(). This Web service should only send data from only two columns and only for those rows the user has checked.
      5. I can loop over the DataGrid and find the selected rows and put them in another ArrayCollection called 'selectedRows'.

The issue is that I don't know how to bind 'selectedRows' to the Web service. Right now I'm reading up on "Working with XML" in the Programming with ActionScript 3.0 chapter. But I'm just fishing here. No bites yet.