Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't play Video in both, source and actual Video window

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have a Problem with playing the Videos in Premiere pro. Usually it just happened sometimes that I click on the "Play" Button, or click space Bar, and nothing happens. Neither the Video starts to play, nor does the play Button change into the stop Button. When I restarted the program the problem was fixed usually. But today I can't fix that problem anymore with restarting. Tried it several times..  So I hope someone has an idea What to do to fix it!

Thank you guys!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Hi jacomoc16745911,

The issue that you have reported mostly occurs due to audio hardware configuration.

You may try these steps.

• Open Premiere Pro, then go to Edit> Preferences > Audio Hardware.
  • Set Device Class as MME and set the Default Input and Default Output to the system default audio device. The options for Default Input/ Default Output may look something like Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device).

If doing this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please provide us a screenshot of  the Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jacomoc16745911,

The issue that you have reported mostly occurs due to audio hardware configuration.

You may try these steps.

• Open Premiere Pro, then go to Edit> Preferences > Audio Hardware.
  • Set Device Class as MME and set the Default Input and Default Output to the system default audio device. The options for Default Input/ Default Output may look something like Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device).

If doing this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please provide us a screenshot of  the Audio Hardware configuration window in Premiere Pro preferences and also a screenshot of the Windows Sound Panel (this can be opened by clicking on Settings in the Audio Hardware Configuration window in Premiere Pro preferences)

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines