1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 2:00 PM by

Web service via SOAP / HTTP and MS SQL Server 2005: no data output

Smily1979
      Hello Flex developer.

I have a small problem and hope you can help me.

Background:

I'm developing a website that retrieves information from a SQL Server 2005 database / tables und visualize them.
      Getting access to these data, I provide stored procedures in the SQL Server. With the help of SQL Server 2005, these procedures are allocated as web service. The displaying information are the table entries. I do not want to exchange documents with the SQL Server.

The SQL Server deliver a WSDL file via a specific URL. the Web Service itself works, because I tested it with the program "XML Spy".

Now, my Code in detail, that I modified using the <mx:WebService> tag. In the following, you see the table definition, where zhe information should be displayed.

<mx:DataGrid id="sqlServerWebServiceGrid" x="10" y="328" width="566" height="139">
      </mx:DataGrid>

Definition of the Service:

<mx:WebService id="sqlServerWebService" wsdl=" http://<serverName>/Server Objects/Endpoints/SOAP?WSDL">
      <mx:operation name="ReportList" result="sqlServerResult(event)">
      <mx:request>
      <startTime>2006-01-01 00:00:00</startTime>
      <stopTime>2008-01-01 00:00:00</stopTime>
      </mx:request>
      </mx:operation>
      </mx:WebService>

A Button acting as an activator for my call:

<mx:Button x="10" y="600" label="callWeb Service" click="callServices()"/>

At the end my script part:

/* the function calls the Web service */
      private function callServices():void{

sqlServerWebService.ReportList.send();
      }

/* the function transmit the result to the datagrid*/
      private function sqlServerResult(event:ResultEvent):void{
      sqlServerWebServiceGrid.dataProvider = (event.result as ArrayCollection);
      }

Now my real problem: That is the error message I get before arriving 'sqlServerResult' in my function:

[RPC Fault faultString="Error #1023: Stapelüberlauf." faultCode="DecodingError" faultDetail="null"]
      at mx.rpc.soap::Operation/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::processResult()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projec ts\rpc\src\mx\rpc\soap\Operation.as:841
      at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projec ts\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:186
      at mx.rpc::Responder/result()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:4 1]
      at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncR equest.as:74]
      at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\ messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:381]
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Advice: 'Stapelüberlauf' stands for stack overflow.

Does anybody have an idea to solve the problem or where the error is located?