• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch runing for script

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! At once I apologize for my English. I need some script that will be open .jpg file, select it, trace it with my tracing preset, and do some action. I'm new in the scripting and my firt try was bad. But i found in the forum some code which has suited me. Is there a script that will image trace a selection of raster objects? . And now i need to run this script in batch mode. I try to create an action that runing the script, but when i start it - illustrator only do tracing and then app is not responding. I'm using Illustrator cc 2015 (x64).

Can someone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running in Adobe Bridge.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.50.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.50.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i know about that. But it only first step, the next step i need to run my action (it also can be run as batch). I thought all this is possible in one script (this should minimize possible software errors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't selecting folder(s) on bridge do that same as the batch action command for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting folder on bridge do only image trace with my preset. And then i need to expand, align, resize etc. Or bridge can do and this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would  recommend making a batch action in Illustrator to do the post processing of the image tracings. Would be ideal to have both the tracing and post processing happen by running action only once. Unfortunately  have been many posts in the past about Illustrator actions not being able to capture the live trace preset used.

If you are interested in pursuing a script to do both parts, start with this link

Can an Illustrator Action be batched out of bridge?

and  ask for help in the

Bridge Scripting

forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin

Do you speak spanish?

Are you working on mac or pc?

Regards

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugenio! Unfortunately i don't speak spanish (only with google translate), and i working on pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines