Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleaning interference sound from the audio

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Adobe Audition CC 2018. I'm trying to clean a heavy interference from the audio clip and really struggling to take it out.

I really appreciate if anyone can help on this topic.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Unfortunately there is not a lot that you can do to remove this wireless mic interference because it completely obliterates the audio when it happens. Most attempts at removing it will also remove great chunks of dialogue as well. The best that you can try is to use the Sound Removal tool using a portion of the interference as the Sound Model. However as expected when I tried it quickly, although the interference more or less disappeared, so did a lot of the wanted audio. Tweaking the settings i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need to know a lot more about the sounds that you are dealing with. What does the audio that you want consist off and what type of interference is it? All of this is probably better answered if you can post a short audio clip in .wav format somewhere like Dropbox or Google Drive for us to take a look/listen at/to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryclark,

Thanks for the response. Here is the link to the audio clip-https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LHhiIU_vcs_rzZcsLwoqG-VlfV9MT8UB

I hope there is a way it can be salvaged.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only realistically remove interference if it's continuous. In order to tell you whether you stand any chance at all, we'd need to hear a sample...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveG,

Thanks for the response. Here is the link to the audio clip-https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LHhiIU_vcs_rzZcsLwoqG-VlfV9MT8UB

I hope there is a way it can be salvaged.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is not a lot that you can do to remove this wireless mic interference because it completely obliterates the audio when it happens. Most attempts at removing it will also remove great chunks of dialogue as well. The best that you can try is to use the Sound Removal tool using a portion of the interference as the Sound Model. However as expected when I tried it quickly, although the interference more or less disappeared, so did a lot of the wanted audio. Tweaking the settings in the Sound Removal tool might achieve slightly better results but, basically, the recording is screwed I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The most success I had with this was to paint out the obvious interference by using the lasso tool on the spectral display, but it's a long and time-consuming process, and still the results aren't really what you'd call 'usable' - so basically I concur; it's screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines