• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage strobing/flickering during playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a demo reel right now, with footage I shot in 2018 and stuff I shot in 2017 and prior. The 2018 stuff loads just fine. When I pull up the project from the reel I edited last year, it will playback OK for a few minute, but then the footage starts flickering to black, like a strobe effect, after a couple minutes of it working fine. Using premiere pro 12.1.0 (build 186). When I open the older 2017 project in my current 2018 project, then my newer footage even starts strobing and flickering. So whenever I'm trying to incorporate the older stuff, premiere just goes crazy. The older stuff is a mix of pro-res and h264 and MXF. I tried transferring the older footage to a different hard drive to see if the hard drive is bad, but I got the same problem on the new drive. Please advise.

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHZ
  • Installed memory: 32.0 GB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Motherboard: ASUS Prime 5350-Plus
  • Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5

HARD DRIVE INFO

G-Technology G-RAID 16TB, USB 3.0. 7200 RPM drives

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

The current version is 12.1.2.  You might try updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikek25490304,

Sorry for the performance issue. How exactly you are opening the 2017 project in the latest version?

Are you converting it? If yes, create a new project in the latest version, import the old project file into it & check the performance.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried opening it normally (through converting the project file) and i've tried importing the project into another project, and i've tried importing it as a shared project. The best i've gotten is that it will work fine for 5 minutes but then footage starts strobing again, almost like there is something causing the playback to corrupt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikek25490304,

Thanks for trying the steps. Have you tried updating the application to the latest version(12.1.2) as suggested by Jim Simon?

Let us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version is 12.1.2.  You might try updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, updating helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked, mikek25490304. Thanks for letting us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines