Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader2017 update process

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

The question looks simple but I am a little confused about Read2017 update process. I want to deploy last version of this product to enterpise envinroment. According to the documentation beside the fact that MSP file is incremental patch installer I shouldn't install AcroRdr20171700830051_MUI.exe and then all msp file one by one. It says "All updates, including out of cycle patches, are cumulative to the base release. Chaining updates is never required. For all products and tracks, install the base release and the last update."

Does it mean that I should  install AcroRdr20171700830051_MUI.exe + last MSP file? Or it would be incorrect?

[Question moved to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader) forum from the Reader forum. -Mod.]

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

You can install the base and the latest MSP. Often, people slipstream the  latest MSP to the original MSI to make a new MSI with the updates, but you only have to do that if you can't deploy the MSP patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install the base and the latest MSP. Often, people slipstream the  latest MSP to the original MSI to make a new MSI with the updates, but you only have to do that if you can't deploy the MSP patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines