1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 5:31 AM by Adorobat

Adobe Adobe 8 Pro Document Compare

davidn23917785

I'm comparing two documents (text, side-by-side) in Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro. The output says that there are 46 blocks matched, but I can't  reconcile that to the comparison document. There are some areas of text highlighted in pink in both the original and changed documents which appear to have exactly the same text - not sure if this is what is termed "blocks"? ... but I still cannot reconcile the 46 "blocks".

• 1. Re: Adobe Adobe 8 Pro Document Compare
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi Davidn,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when comparing files in Acrobat 8, is that correct?

Acrobat 8 is not compatible with newer operating system so problems with it are to be expected. Could you let us know the operating system you are using?

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. If issue still persists, try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu ( for Windows OS only), reboot the machine after repair and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

1 person found this helpful