• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When merging documents, acrobat freezes

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to merger several PDF documents into one.  I select the documents I want to merge and click on combine.  Acrobat will freeze and I have to use the Task Manager to end the process.  I had an older version of Acrobat and got the upgrade license thinking that a newer version will solve the problem but I get the same issue whether it was XI Pro or 2017 Pro.  Not being able to merge is hurting the business operation.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Resolved - After much troubleshooting the following resolved the issue.

Restart you computer (always a good step to ensure no background processes are running)

Uninstall and Reinstall the Adobe program

Go to MS Outlook

File > Options > Add-ins

At the bottom next to Mange: COM Add-ins select "Go..."

Locate and highlight the "Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin"

Copy down the location information from the bottom of the screen (Example C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Mail\Outlook\PDFMOutloo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of quick thoughts on this but I need to know

1) did you create both documents. If not, were they created by an Adobe product or some other PDF maker? If they were done by another PDF application, can you re-save them in Acrobat?

2) How big are the documents? If they are big, how much ram do you have? (I've had situations where I was working on very big documents (≈400 pages and ran out of ram and had to force quit as well.)

Please let us know if this gets you anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have at least one user having the same issues after recent updates from Microsoft.  Adobe Acrobat Standard License.
We have already verified the adobe software is fully up to date and we ran the repair tool (both from the adobe software and from the add/remove programs manage options)

The documents are not large only a couple pages each.  The system RAM and CPU usage does not max out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved - After much troubleshooting the following resolved the issue.

Restart you computer (always a good step to ensure no background processes are running)

Uninstall and Reinstall the Adobe program

Go to MS Outlook

File > Options > Add-ins

At the bottom next to Mange: COM Add-ins select "Go..."

Locate and highlight the "Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin"

Copy down the location information from the bottom of the screen (Example C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Mail\Outlook\PDFMOutlookAddin.dll

After the information has been copied Remove the "Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin"

Then Select Add...

Go to the location previously copied down

Doubleclick on the PDFMOutlookaddin.dll file

Restart the any MS programs and Adobe (also an extra unnecessary step but good practice from experience)

Try the Combine Files option again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue trying to combine .JPG files. I resaved them as .png files and Acrobat begrudgingly combined them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was trying to combine three jpeg files (300-400 kb each) and Acrobat Pro vs 2023.003.20284 froze when the progress bar was about half way through. All thre files where created in Photoshop vs 24.7.0. I followed "clydieq's" suggestion below (whom I thank kindly) and resaved the files as .png from Photoshop and managed to create my multipage .pdf. 

I don't have any MS software on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines