• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing music-dialogue file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to improve the quality of the dialog in a file I'm working with that includes both a musical performance and a dialogue between the performers. The recording setting for the event wasn't ideal. The mics worked well for the musicians performance, but not so well for individual speakers during the dialog. The voices are boomy, heavy on bass tones, and hard to understand. is there a way I can edit the dialogue sections to improve the sound quality? I'm not a complete rookie at Audition, but don't know the tools to do this kind of editing. I'm grateful for any help.  — Carolyn Servid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

If the dialogue is 'heavy on bass tones' then you need to use some EQ on the voices to reduce the lower frequencies and perhaps a bit of a boost at around 2-3KHz. However there isn't really any way to reduce the effect of the room acoustic on the voices which was presumably excessive because the mics were too far away for good vocal presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the dialogue is 'heavy on bass tones' then you need to use some EQ on the voices to reduce the lower frequencies and perhaps a bit of a boost at around 2-3KHz. However there isn't really any way to reduce the effect of the room acoustic on the voices which was presumably excessive because the mics were too far away for good vocal presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ll try some EQ and see if it helps. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines