Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using SDK w. XCODE doesn't work?!

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm a designer who wants to code his own plugins. I'm not a developer at all, which means I need your help.

I downloaded the SDK files, XCODE and the "Get Started"- PDF. I simply want to start with template in the dev tools folder.

So i copied the xcodetemplates folder to the project templates folder in Xcode.

But when I want to open a new project the "InDesign Project" doesn't appears. Is there a new documentation, or a new way to install SDK?
I mean it says its version 3.35 from XCODE in the Documentation and now we have 9...

Please help a poor Designer who just want to code his own plugins

Have a good day!

-Martin

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

You should use a matching version of xcode. Plug-ins run as part of an app, so the normal free choice of development tools is gone for the special challenge of plug-in writing. As a developer, this often means keeping multiple versions of xcode, and old operating systems to run them... I find Parallels Desktop a good way to run multiple systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use a matching version of xcode. Plug-ins run as part of an app, so the normal free choice of development tools is gone for the special challenge of plug-in writing. As a developer, this often means keeping multiple versions of xcode, and old operating systems to run them... I find Parallels Desktop a good way to run multiple systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, be sure you use the exact SDK version for your exact InDesign version. You can't mix and match, or use old plug-ins with newer InDesigns, or new plug-ins with old InDesigns. Most people want to register as a developer so they get access to the debugging version of InDesign, otherwise debugging plug-ins is a difficult challenge even for experienced developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines