• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Typography Effect using path stroke Orientation problem

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I have been trying to use this type of lettering for a work.

First I used Blend mode in Illustrator and copy paste it as a smart object to photoshop, but because of the limit in steps, the letters have jagged edges ( yes I max out steps). So I tried using photosop like in this tutorial (Advanced 3D Typography Effects PART 1 Photoshop CC (How to Create Amazing Text with Mixer Brush) - Y... ), the problem is the 3D effect is going the opposite way, and I don't know how to fix it ( in Illustrator you have reverse spine, but here.....).

Things I tried:

-Mirror the path in photoshop, then do stroke path.

-Mirror the path in Illustrator and bring it to Photoshop as a path, then do stroke path.

-Trace it in photoshop, then do stroke path.

-Trace it backwards (from the G to the D) in Photoshop, then do stroke path.

-Trace it backwards in illustrator and bring it to Photoshop as a path, then do stroke path.

-Trace mirror the image, trace it starting from the "g" which is on the left side (because or mirror), then do stroke path. (I thought this may work but it didn't...)

I always get the same result.....any help it's appreciated

Untitled-1-01.jpgUntitled-2-01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Hi

Hi, it is not clear from above whether you have tried just drawing the path in Photoshop. Photoshop will stroke the path in the direction that the path was drawn so in the example below - left to right.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Hi, it is not clear from above whether you have tried just drawing the path in Photoshop. Photoshop will stroke the path in the direction that the path was drawn so in the example below - left to right.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines