Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects no closer to working...

Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as when the trollish help around here locked my last forum...

one user, note it was a user and not (ever) a ACP with actual advice, suggested converting h264 footage to DNxHD to try to see if maybe After Effects could work with that...

so today I got the chance to try it out... and I find that media encoder can't write the file without turning it into pure RED FRAMES.

I just read a post by someone saying they had RED FRAMES in a proxy, and knew I'd have the same soon... ACP's closed that forum too because they don't know the answer and it's easier to use their power to lock forums rather than solve a problem.

So I'm sitting here with Media Encoder not doing it's job once again, I'm sure the ACPs will tell me I did something wrong to get RED FRAMES, but are there any real people out there with real advice? Handbreak maybe can do what Adobe can't?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

matth99297433  wrote

Finally got a DNxHD .mov file exported from Media Encoder into After Effects

There is a known problem with this codec. I would avoid it if you could.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to After Effects​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had another glitched frame in an otherwise clean render... one frame After Effects can't handle... no error message, just like with the red frames... Adobe thinks glitching peoples footage on exports is normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got a DNxHD .mov file exported from Media Encoder into After Effects to see if the program performed better with that codec, it does not... After Effects cannot even play the video, attempting to render it out results in the DNxHD .mov layer playing in slow motion.

Adobe go home for the weekend already??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matth99297433  wrote

Finally got a DNxHD .mov file exported from Media Encoder into After Effects

There is a known problem with this codec. I would avoid it if you could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matth99297433  wrote

The fora never sleep, but answers are driven by volunteers (even those from Adobe are mostly volunteers). Depending on the problem you sometimes need a little patience.

BTW: Volunteers means highly knowledgeable people using the product in real world environment combined with highly knowledgeable Adobe engineers having from time to time the needed inside knowledge.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe has you covering up for their incompetence and they don't pay you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that’s my business. I take great pleasure in answering questions as all the others here. Some even sell you their competences if you need more help than a short tip.

I even answer such nonsense questions like yours... Enjoy the day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

except not only did you not answer my question, you don't know the answer to my question and are pretending you do.

But go on some more about how highly knowledgeable you are?

no one second thought...dont!

get off my thread and everyone else's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matth99297433  wrote

except not only did you not answer my question

Well not exactly. Your question was:

As for the rest, Ae is a point of interest to me more than a point of competence.

It’s more your friendly words that stroke my attention than the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

matth99297433  wrote

get off my thread

Problem solved:

Thread locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a thread just to throw insults at other forum users is not tolerated. You have been warned before about your behavior. Follow the rules or you will be banned.

If you have a technical issue with an Adobe application, describe it in detail on the forums and respond politely to the resulting conversation, contact Customer Care, or go use another vendor's product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This why so many of it's posts start with:  "my last thread got locked".

BTW he was banned two months ago and just created another id and continued where he left off.

He's probably got multiple IDs.

Best thing to do is ignore him.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines