Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge bounding box around pasted object

Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm just looking into XD for the first time, and it looks absolutely stunning!

One thing I can't figure out, though:

Most pasted objects look right -- but some have huge bounding boxes around them. This may only apply to grouped objects - the bounding boxes seem to extend to the edges of their particular groups - but when I right-click such an object, there's not an 'ungroup' option (instead, there's actually a 'group' option).

Is there a way to avoid this? I ask because I could imagine that a big bounding box like that might be an issue later on in the process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

The bounding box surrounds the entire group.

You can't right-click an item in a group to remove it from a group. You can only right-click a group to ungroup it.

When you copy and paste an item:

• If you're still in the group, it will be added to the group.
  • If you don't want it in the group, click out of the group and then paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot? Having the item selected, with the Layers panel open, would be helpful in trying to figure out what's going on.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

Here's a screenshot I took from the XD Tutorial after copying the white text (Finding Beauty...) to the location in the upper right corner of the bounding box. (I don't know if there's a way to enlarge the pic, as the detail is pretty tiny.)

XDissue.JPG

When I copy objects that are not part of other objects, they are pasted as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bounding box surrounds the entire group.

You can't right-click an item in a group to remove it from a group. You can only right-click a group to ungroup it.

When you copy and paste an item:

• If you're still in the group, it will be added to the group.
  • If you don't want it in the group, click out of the group and then paste.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines