• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Threading in Page Masters

Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a new inDesign document by copying/pasting from an Apple ‘Pages’ document. I’m having a degree of difficulty getting the text threading automated. Have created text boxes on each of the relevant page masters, but do not find the threading workflow from there. On facing pairs of masters, the left hand page has a flow icon. When I hover over it, the indication is that ‘this story is the master’s primary text flow; click to disable’

The main text in my document starts out near the bottom of an odd numbered page. I pasted in text from the source document, more than the text box could hold, and expected the text to flow to the next page, but it did not; the text box showed, instead, a red ‘+’ for overset text.

If one of you could please show me how to enable automatic text threading for my inDesign document, I would be grateful. I read the online help on this topic, but I'm still not clear in my case.

Best,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Set up a single page InDesign file. Save the Pages document as RTF or Word. Use file > place and browse to the file.

Shift+click on the InDesign page. The document will autoflow and create as many pages as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a single page InDesign file. Save the Pages document as RTF or Word. Use file > place and browse to the file.

Shift+click on the InDesign page. The document will autoflow and create as many pages as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! That worked really well, except for the spreads All of the even pages are blank I guess due to some spread setting that I am as yet unable to find. Should I change the indd. to single pages?

Best,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried again with a new, non-facing-page document, and the import worked much better, _with_ facing pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines