Try turning off your anti virus program and test.
Thanks for your suggestion. I use the ESET Internet Security anti-virus program; unfortunately shutting it down does not change anything. Like you, I also suspect that my problems are not caused by LR itself.
IMO, this weird behaviour could be caused by file management and security. I don't know how to check and correct that and I don't use any applications that modify these parameters.
A computer used to be easy to troubleshoot but it is not the case anymore unfortunately, and getting older doesn't help !!! :-)
Did more tests, trying to find the problem. No change after each one !!!
- Back-up and optimize the catalog, reinstall Lightroom
- Use another Windows administrator account
- Update video card drivers - Windows and System board drivers were already up to date
- Disabled all Lightroom plugins
- Boot in Safe mode
- Reindex Windows files
- Run SFC scan (System File Checker)
- Check computer memory, SSD and hard disks
- Increased the RAW cache from 5 to 15GB