• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Problem when Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I made a photo manipulation and looked all ok in the workspace but at the moment of exporting I noticed that one area where I did a mask ,(not the only one in the project), appeared with black color, (the one I painted with), instead of showing the photo that was supposed to. I would really appreciate an answer if someone knows what is going on and how to solve it. Thank you.problem 1.PNGproblem.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I am sorry. there is a mistake, I did not paint with black that part, it was painted with white, and it is not a complete black color that shows up in the "Export As" panel, it is just a dark color. Anyways, if anyone knows how to solve this, please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can not see your layer mask well in the small layer mask thumbnail in the layers palette, It look like it may be hiding just about all the is in that layer but a little spotty  middle section above the center of the layer and that area that is showing may be black from the looks of the layer's content thumbnail.

Atl+Click on the layer mask in the layers palette  so the mask is displayed in the image area and post a screen capture.

Export may also have issues  try using "Save As" to save your png file.

You could also Shift Click one the Layer  Mask to disable the the layer mask  all of the layer should then show. See how export works.   The Preview export is displaying looks wrong to me in your screen capture half of what shows in the layer seems to be inverted in the preview.  Does the file save look the same way when opened in Photoshop.   Photoshop is not bug free there are quit a few bugs in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

This is Alt+Click capture:

problem 3.PNG

Here is the layer mask disabled:

problem 4.PNG

And here is the Export As:

problem 5.PNG

When opening Photoshop everything looks normal:

problem 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this mask

May produce this composite  image you show in you first export capture.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I already solved it, thanks for te help.

I found out that each time I hid one layer, the one under it turned dark, so I created a new empty layer above the one with the mask, (the one that presented the problem at first), and it worked.

problem 6.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines