Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install PSD CS3 from CD

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had to reformat my computer. I'm trying to install my PhotoShop CS3 back, but it crashes everytime I run the set up. I had it running on this machine, using Windows 7 64-bit previously. I'm hoping someone can help me, because I can't seem to get support any other way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for those links.  From what I read, I will encounter the registration problem as well. But, right now I cannot even get it installed to reach that point.  I have a screenshot of the error that I am getting. Each time I try to install the software it gives this "app crashed" error. I was able to install Adobe Reader from the same disk, and it seems to be reading it okay - just the problem installing PSD.

On a side note, I have two people that keep private messaging claiming to be from Adobe Helpdesk. They're providing a link to a shotty YouTube video about Skype and asking for my Skype ID and telephone number. I am near positive that they are not from Adobe, just trying to figure out what exactly they hope to achieve.  ??

Thanks for your help!adobe-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeanneM  wrote

On a side note, I have two people that keep private messaging claiming to be from Adobe Helpdesk. They're providing a link to a shotty YouTube video about Skype and asking for my Skype ID and telephone number. I am near positive that they are not from Adobe, just trying to figure out what exactly they hope to achieve.  ??

Don't give them any of your private information, especially not your Adobe ID login credentials. Report those two
people instead. 100% sure they're not Adobe Staff.

fraudulentsupportrequest-bannerwarning.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great point, Maurice!

JeanneM, Adobe Employees will have the Staff badge similar to the one you see next to my post.  If you do not see a Staff badge, then they are a participant in our community but do not work for Adobe.  Also, an Adobe employee will never ask you to reveal your password.  If you are being asked such questions, then I would recommend you find a local trustworthy computer service to work with instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that now.  I am new here, so I didn't know for certain, but it seemed very fishy.  One of the people ("Adobe Emily Welch") is one of the people that was private messaging.  I couldn't see where to report them in the PM, but I reported her here. Thank you for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he/she has been reported and will, eventually, be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't believe that they were support, but I couldn't find any where to report them.  One is "Adobe Emily Welch", who replied above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried everything, to no avail - the site (and live chat) could not find my serial number, but oddly, my CD suddenly allowed the install - somewhere around the 10th attempt.  I've got it running, but had to enter the serial number and check "never register". It's working though!!  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it crashes everytime" isn't saying much Are you getting any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines