• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help for a newbie please (EPS and text)

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Guys, so I'm trying to create some stuff for my business.

I've used Photoshop before, but have the newest version now as a monthly subscription.

I've re downloaded the image we use as a logo in both a EPS format and JPEG format.

The EPS is lovely and clear with sharp edges, so i'm working with that.  The image comes as one of a few images in different colours-istock job so I've selected it and created a new layer for the particular image I want. I've then pasted it into my business card sized canvas thus shrinking the size of the image I loose all clarity around the lines through the image and clarity of the edges.   Bizarrely any text I put into this canvas is also not sharp. Naturally I'm concerned that if i carry on when things are printed they will be pixelated.

Ive used the same image in Photoshop before (But don't have the original file hence downloading it again) and not had this problem so I'm guessing its an issue with the settings I've selected.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

[Title was edited by: Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your original  EPS file  in Photoshop have Photoshop scale it way up in size during the open import so the document will be large  and sharp in Photoshop.  Then Save out a Photoshop PSD file .  Work with the PSD document not the eps document.

Best would be is to find your logo somewhere in a vector file.  That way you can scale it any size you want to use it at. You may want to use your EPS raster layer as a template model to create your logo using  Shapes layers that are one top of you raster logo layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines