• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video editing novice in search of video/editing software to delete voice audio in family video

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project I'm currently tackling is the conversion of our family's camcorder video tapes to PC digital format.  Once completed, I then want to begin editing them.  While I'd classify most of the editing I want to do as simple or basic ([separating a single tape into different clips, deleting some footage, stabilizing some of the images, improving video quality (brightness, etc), adding intro and captions, etc.],  there is one aspect that I'd like to do which may require higher level editing.  Specifically, I'd like to remove some undesirable voice segments in some of the videos that are either too repetitive, loud, high-pitched and/or just annoying.  Simply put, these audio segments really detract from the video.  What I'd like to do therefore is to keep the video from these sections, but remove the audio. Since I have a LOT of tapes, I'm hoping the answer to my question isn't that I need to hire a professional.    

I have a photoshop and lightroom subscription and, while still learning, am familiar with the feel of some of the Adobe platforms.  I'd like clarification as to whether Adobe's Premiere Pro (or Elements) product would accomplish my editing goal?  Or perhaps Adobe's Audition product??  Any feedback and/or suggestions regarding the suitability of either of these Adobe software programs (or any relevant others, for that matter)  for the editing of my project would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely check out Adobe Audition.  When you launch the application there are a few tutorials that will help you get started, and one which may address exactly what you're looking for (if you' haven't already found it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can definitely remove some parts of the audio from your videos inside Premiere Pro.

When you import your videos into Premiere, audio will sit on its own track and you can edit audio seperately from video so as you say, youcould remove some parts of the audio (or reduce its volume)

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines