• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using watermarked images

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having a disagreemeant with someone over the use of watermarked stock images. They say it’s perfectly legal to use the watermarked images in a final version of a design (published onlinee) while i’m arguing that it must be licensed first. I’ve searched high and low on the site for official language that says you can’t actually use the watermarked previews but I can’t find a darn thing. Does anyone know if that language exists?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Hi CW,

Here's what you're looking for:

Section 3.4(b) of the www.adobe.com/go/stockterms

(b)   Comp License. Subject to your compliance with the Terms, we grant you the right to use, reproduce, modify or display “comp” (i.e. composite) or preview versions of a Work solely for previewing how a Work may look in production for up to 90 days from the date of download (“Comp License”). Unless a license is purchased, you have no right to a production use of the Work or make the Work publicly available. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CW,

Aside from being unprofessional, if you use a watermarked asset in a finished design the person who created that asset is not getting paid for your use of it.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response, and I am aware of this already. I was looking for something more official that outlines it for lay people who don’t understand how Stock works. I’m dealing with a group of people who think its perfectly ok to use the watermarked images and I can’t find official language from Adobe that says they can’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CW,

Here's what you're looking for:

Section 3.4(b) of the www.adobe.com/go/stockterms

(b)   Comp License. Subject to your compliance with the Terms, we grant you the right to use, reproduce, modify or display “comp” (i.e. composite) or preview versions of a Work solely for previewing how a Work may look in production for up to 90 days from the date of download (“Comp License”). Unless a license is purchased, you have no right to a production use of the Work or make the Work publicly available. We make no guarantee that any Work you download under a Comp License will be available for license thereafter.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Precisely what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started