• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC heat issue [2018]

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the creative cloud photography package, and photoshop has Been causing a problem. Every time I open photoshop CC, and work for about A minute or so on simple Projects, my 2018 MacBook Pro 15 inch heats up to the point where the fans blow loud and I have to shut off photoshop it gets so hot. Any fixes? My workflow is lightroom and photoshop so I need a fix. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

It's normal for a machine to get hot when it is working hard. If it is unacceptably hot this is a fault in the machine, not in Photoshop. Be sure not to put a laptop on your lap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnw,

We're really sorry for the trouble. Could you please check is your machine meet the minimum system requirements for both Photoshop and Lightroom?

Below is the minimum system requirements:

Photoshop system requirements

Lightroom Classic system requirements

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link but I have one of the almost fully speced out models so that’s why im confused as to why this is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal for a machine to get hot when it is working hard. If it is unacceptably hot this is a fault in the machine, not in Photoshop. Be sure not to put a laptop on your lap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't happen for other users, so if there's a defect here, it's in the video card, video driver, or MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To verify D Fosse’s suspicions about GPU see if turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a false statement that it doesnt happen to others. I am seeing this everywhere and I run much more taxing software on my PC that has no issues whatsoever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a false statement that it doesnt happen to others. I am seeing this everywhere

By @Farren29198202srnl

Well, you haven't been here... 😉

As c.p. says - there is a very simple way to find out: Turn off "use GPU" in Photoshop and Lightroom. Then try again.

The only time I can hear some fan activity, is when I import files from camera in Lightroom, and also a little in Export from Lightroom. But that soon settles down. In Photoshop I never hear a whisper from the fans.

The problem with laptops is ventilation. There's no way to get proper ventilation inside a crammed laptop (or iMac for that matter). If the components are running at full throttle, the fans have to crank up to max. That's just physics.

Most of the time, components in a laptop are throttled down to avoid overheating. If the fans run at full speed, you can assume that the machine runs at capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, running the fan is just the normal response to high temperature caused by high CPU and GPU usage. Not a fault of any kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well as long as it does burn me I guess I need to deal with it haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the vents are clear and not suffering from dust and fluff build up.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its so frustrating getting generic answers like "dust" or requirements to this question.  I am running a BEAST laptop, I actually have two. One does just fine running photoshop, the other, photoshop sends my laptop into a tail spin. The CPU goes to 50% when it should be around 10% and its actually the Adobe broker thats using all of the CPU. This is NOT a dust issue. It seems like a software issue. I have tried 20 fixes and nothing is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Farren29198202srnl 

You are responding to a five-year-old thread about a 2018 MacBook Pro 15-inch laptop that heats up to the point where the fans blow loud. Is this the issue you are having?

If not, please start a new thread and clarify your issue so we can better assist. In addition, go to Help > System Info > Copy and paste it into a Reply window after you have started your new thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines