• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I am unable to run cds which came with photography magazines.On loading one a box came up saying that I needed a flash player update.I do not know how to do this(it is supposed to come installed with my computer). What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above all DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING in this box. It's probably a fake, designed to infect your machine. The message might not even be right.

What exactly happens when you try to run these CDs? What do you expect to happen instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really hard to say what's going on based on the information that you've provided, but what you're describing is a path fraught with pain.  Most of the major browser vendors already make it pretty difficult to run Flash Player.

In addition, we've blocked Flash Player's ability to read content from the local filesystem by default.  It was functionality that made sense 10-15 years ago, but between the demise of CD-ROMs as a prevalent method for distributing content and the changing threat landscape on the Internet, it was functionality that shouldn't really exist in 2018.

Furthermore, if the CD-ROM contains an actual application (and not  just HTML content) and you're on Windows 10, then that application is probably making assumptions about the availability and location of Flash Player that were correct at the time, but no longer hold true.  Flash Player in Windows 8 and higher is a completely different beast than Flash Player on Windows 7 and below, because it needed to be adapted to current changes and constraints imposed by Windows.

So, long story short, your browser blocks Flash, Flash blocks playing content off the local machine, and if it's an actual application, it probably just won't ever work.  You'd need to run it in a virtual machine on Windows 7 or below.

To give you actual useful instructions, I'd need specifics:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines