• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide notes invisible when printing presentation

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print the presentation (File menu, Print option) and check the box for slide notes to be printed, the slide notes will appear on some pages of the printout and not on others.  The slide notes are added in the timeline along with closed captioning.  This is a very important feature as our department uses the printed output with slide notes for script approvals.  It works just fine on Captivate 9. I will note that this project was started in Cap 9 and converted to ver 2017.

Also the copy and past functions on these discussion forum pages leave a lot to be desired (i.e. they don't work).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to double-check. I have created a print, including the slide notes, in CP2017, version 10.0.1.285 and the notes appear as expected. Since the Slide Notes panel and CC features has been upgraded a lot in this new version, I am afraid that your problem is due to the upgrae. My project was created originally in CP2017. Are you using a custom theme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue in CP 2019, upgraded to the latest patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a project upgraded from an earlier version of Captivate?

Do you have the same issue if you create a new CPTX project in Cp 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is from an earlier version. No, the issue does not occur in a newly created CPTX file in CP2019.

All patches are current in CP2017 and I tried a version of the course that could be opened in CP2017 as well and still no luck.

These are courses we’re stepping up due to HTML5 conversions.

Jessica

Moderator: please do not post personal credentials on a public forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then I would suggest that you log this issue as a bug with Adobe via their bug reporting form here:

Adobe Captivate

But if these courses are being upgraded from some Captivate version that is several years old, I wouldn't hold my breath to see Adobe fix it.  They generally concentrate on issues that relate to very recent versions, and only showstopper issues at that.

In your case, have you tried copying and pasting slides from a project upgraded to Cp 2017 into another blank project in Cp 2017?  Sometimes you can strip out corruption issues that way.  If it works, it might give you an immediate solution to your problem.

If it doesn't work, your issue may simply be due to the fact that Slide Notes underwent a big change with Cp 2017 so that now it is possible to include formatting, which wasn't possible before.  That might be the cause of your issue and the only way to fix it might be to remove and replace all slide notes in the upgraded projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this issue with a new version of Captivate 2019. Although I selected Slide Notes on the Print window (and Handouts from the Type drop down), the slides notes did not print. These are crucial to our train the trainer process. I did not have this issue with previous versions of Captivate.

As a workaround, I clicked the Closed Captioning Slide Notes window. This is time consuming, especially because I have hundreds of slides, but I haven't not been able to find another solution.

I reported this as a bug.

close caption checkbox.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will double-check again in 11.0.1.266 abd be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources