Exit

Convert CF page to Native Power Point

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everone,

I am using CF 2016

There are some CF Build-in Spreadsheet  functions like SpreadsheetFormatRows, SpreadsheetAddRow, etc.... to help developer to convert a CF table page  into a Native Excel file.  Unfortunately there is no CF Build-in power point table functions such as PPTAddTable, PPTAddRow, etc to convert CF table page to native Power Point file.

The reason I want to convert to native table in PPT because our user will need to edit the data in the table of the PPT file

I wonder if anyone out there ever have a method to do such the job

We don't install the MS Offices products in the Production server machine

Please advise

Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I believe that only PowerPoint can make a .ppt file.  PP is very different from Excel or Word.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  There is a site called https://smallpdf.com/pdf-to-ppt that can, apparently, convert a PDF to .ppt.  I cannot access the link but you could create a CF PDF and then use that to convert to .ppt.  Maybe.  Just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the cfpresentation tag to generate PPTs on CF11.

Inside the cfpresentationslide section, insert a standard HTML table and it will be editable in PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's true, what @Paule12345 says. Write the table as an HTML file. In fact, you may style it using CSS, for example, and make it as fancy as you wish. Then include it in the presentation.

As an example, save the following code as myPresentation.cfm.

<cfpresentation title="myPresentation" format="ppt" destination="#expandpath('myTestPresentation.ppt')#" overwrite="yes" >

<cfpresentationslide src="testTable.html">       

</cfpresentationslide>

</cfpresentation>

In the same directory as the CFM file, save the HTML table from W3Schools as the file testTable.html. Launch the CFM file.

The result should be a Powerpoint file, myTestPresentation.ppt, containing the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation