• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help in 3.0 with buffer/latency and sound card

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have audition 3.0...I am running it on an Asus computer that has a NVidia Geforce GTX 860m video card. I have realtek speakers and driver. This computer has a lot of RAM and an I7. I am using an older tascam interface, a US-122. I have used Audition for quite a while but only for mixing and mastering, as I would record files onto my boss 8-track digital machine then dump then into audition to edit and mix etc.

My question is does anyone have a link to good site that explains how to set the buffer/latency? I've never had to do it before and it's a bit confusing. I'm using the audition driver cause then I can use the tascam for the input and my realtek for the output. It records fine but play back is choppy, ie plays slow with short stops and starts. From what I've read if I lower the number is better but for playback I wanna increase it. Do you think my generic audio drivers will work well enough for this? I have a lot of ram and processing power but is that enough? Thanks for any and all help and sorry for any head trauma caused by banging your head on the keyboard and going God this guy is dumb Just new territory for me.
~Roxx~

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately trying to use one audio device for recording and another (especially a built in one) for playback is always going to cause lots of problems including latency and not getting the best audio out of your system. The only proper way around this is to use the Tascam supplied ASIO drivers (if they still work with your version of Windows) and to use the US 122 for both input and output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines