Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't "ADD" when importing photos

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

recently, my lightroom started to "copy" when i import photos. I just cannot click on the "ADD" button. Any tips or things I should do to fix that? pretty anoying because my photos are already on my usb key, i dont need a second copy of them..

Sorry, cant add a printscreen to my post...

LR Classic V7.4, ACER Aspire E15 running on a SSD, camera Canon 60D, USB Sandisk 120gb mini.

Thanks for your help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently your OS doesn't recognize that device as a "permanent" storage device. Lightroom requires that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhhhhhhhh i see. i had an external disk before, but it crashed. so i'm now working on a usb key.

But i can "copy" on my usb key and work on it..... !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding things correctly, you're going to have to copy them from the USB key to your computer hard drive. I don't think you'll be able to edit the images while they are on the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Copy" will take the images off the USB key and onto your hard drive with LR then working with the images on your hard drive..

Sounds like you need a new external drive.

Anything resembling a USB thumb drive is going to be considered "temporary" and thus not available in LR as an image destination drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ellavigne  wrote

ohhhhhhhhhh i see. i had an external disk before, but it crashed. so i'm now working on a usb key.

But i can "copy" on my usb key and work on it..... !?

You can use COPY, and then use another folder on the same USB key as the destination. After that is done, you can delete the original folder in order not to have duplicates on the USB key. That might work, although it may not be wise to use a USB key as permanent storage.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines