Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile forms

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to forms here.

I've created a simple form which seems to work well on my computer when I send it to myself (apart from the signature which doesn't yet take me to echosign, which I need to figure out, but that's for later)

However, when I open it on my mobile it's kind of a mess.

Firstly, when it's opened as an attachment (iOS here) it uses Apple preview (or whatever it is) which doesn't force required fields or let me add a signature.

If I open it in Acrobat and opt for fill and sign, it tells me it's a non-supported document and says it's a policy supported document.

I've obviously got a lot to learn, but can someone point me in the right direction.

I'm using Acrobat XI on a Mac (10.13) and am using the Acrobat distribute via email option

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Acrobat Reader for mobile devices doesn't support signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider HTML forms. It's the future. PDF forms are the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Fill & Sign on mobile works well for any non-secured PDFs, do you need security (password etc) on your form?  Since you said you created the form could you remove security?

Have you tried Adobe Reader on the iPad?

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no security on the form.

Yes, I have tried using Adobe Reader. As I mentioned above...   If I open it in Acrobat and opt for fill and sign, it tells me it's a non-supported document and says it's a policy supported document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely it is some unsupported file - it may be an XFA or Dynamic XFA form which are not supported (these are created in Adobe LiveCycle).  Can you share the document properties and security settings?  If you can open in the Desktop version of Reader or Acrobat and use Cmd/Ctrl+D it brings up document properties, take a screen shot and post here, also the Security tab of the same dialog.  Alternatively if the file does not contain sensitive data and you can share it I can take a look, or if it is downloadable online point me to the URL.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed since I posted this a month ago. The form does now open in 'fill & sign'. I know I haven't changed the form at all because I just left everything as it was.

I'm not so sure it can do what I'd assumed it could do though, it still needs the user to open it in fill and sign and it ignores the signature panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "it ignores the signature panel"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature panel can't be selected and when I tap the pen at the bottom of the page and then my signature, it adds it in a random position (although I am able to move this around.

IMG_941F1C2A2E0C-1.jpeg

You can see it if you look just below the date field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader for mobile devices doesn't support signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be my experience too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document isn't sensitive, here's a link to it

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, in Fill & Sign you can add a signature (e-signature, not digital signature) to the Signature field but it does not recognize the field and place the signature.  You would have to drag the signature to place it over the field.

There is no support for Digital Signatures in Fill & Sign or Reader on IOS, for a Digital Signature you'd have to use Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat on the desktop for now. 

In Fill & Sign in the Document Cloud website - Adobe Document Cloud the signature field in the form is recognized and will place a signature when you click into the field.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines