3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2008 6:08 AM by howmanyds

Drop down menu styles

howmanyds
      I'd like to create horizontal drop down menus (or rather drop-out menus) that are more like unconnected circular bubble shapes rather than the standard rectangular boxes that are the norm for the pop-out menus dialogue. Is this possible with FW ow would I need to do it in DW?
        • 1. Re: Drop down menu styles
          Level 7
          paxbaby wrote:
          > I'd like to create horizontal drop down menus (or rather drop-out menus) that
          > are more like unconnected circular bubble shapes rather than the standard
          > rectangular boxes that are the norm for the pop-out menus dialogue. Is this
          > possible with FW ow would I need to do it in DW?

It's not possible in either Fireworks or Dreamweaver. I don't think it's
          possible at all.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Drop down menu styles
            Level 7
            paxbaby wrote:
            > I'd like to create horizontal drop down menus (or rather drop-out menus) that
            > are more like unconnected circular bubble shapes rather than the standard
            > rectangular boxes that are the norm for the pop-out menus dialogue. Is this
            > possible with FW ow would I need to do it in DW?

Sounds like a job better suited for Flash who's not constrained by the
            limitations of HTML and regular rectangular Web graphics.

--
            Stéphane Bergeron
            reach:connect:communicate
            www.webfocusdesign.com
            blog:tutorials:articles:gallery
            www.pixelyzed.com
            • 3. Re: Drop down menu styles
              howmanyds Level 1
              ....meaning that if I set my menu items up in such a way, all of my visitors would need Flash player to browse my site? This question probably belongs over in the Flash forum, but I'll ask anyway: how do you set up a page to look and behave different for those who don't have or want to use Flash?