As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting an error when trying to save an opened PDF, is that correct?
Try disabling preview pane using the steps given in the following thread and check if that resolves the issue:
If the file is on server drive , please move that to the local drive & then check.
If issue still persists, try disabling Protected mode using the steps given in the following help document and try again:
Refer to the following help document for more info: Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader
Let us know if you need any help.
The file is on my hard drive. None of those suggestions work. Please help.
3 people found this helpful
I remembered that I just uninstalled the trial McAfee anti-virus software and made changes to use what Win 10 provides.
I just solved it...for now.
For anyone this may help, go to:
1. Start menu
3. Update & Security
4. Windows Security
5. Open Windows Defender Security Center
6. Virus & threat protection
7. Virus & threat protection settings
8. Managed Controlled folder access
9. Allow an app through Controlled folder access
10. Add an allowed app
11. Navigate your hard drive to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat
12. Select the Acrobat application file
13. Click open
Adobe Reader DC started saving again after just a Win 10 update, which included anti-virus definitions(?), before doing the above.