• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small images as section breaks in a reflowable epub

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting a print book to epub. There are small images that stand in for section breaks throughout the book. They are anchored in the text, but I cannot figure out how to center them. I have changed the alignment in export options to center, I've anchored them to text that is centered using a paragraph style, I've rasterized, resized, and tried just about everything I could find or think of. I can make them float left or float right, but is there no float center type option? The image is very small, maybe 2 picas square. Don't know if that information is helpful or not. I know people have found a way to do this because I see custom section break images in ebooks all the time. Is there a simple solution that I'm ignoring?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots might help. What version of InDesign? What epubs readers have you tested it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just about to post that I figured it out a few seconds ago, sorry about that. The thing that finally worked was to put the anchored image into the articles list as its own article, and to add space before and after the image in export options. For some reason, I had to do both those things in addition to anchoring the object in the text. Sometimes it helps to keep trying stuff. Thanks so much for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines