• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to create a 9:16 album from a collection of 16:9 edits

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited up a load of photos in the landscape orientation, and I want to create an album of that lot in the portrait orientation.

I normally just highlight them all, and then create a load of virtual copies, and then edit each the copies before exporting a new album. This is fiddly though as the album contains both landscape and portrait photos, so you have to carefully select each photo when you export.

What's the best way to organise this in a non-destructive way?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you do it will be non-destructive in Lightroom.

You could create a Collection of your virtual copies, then use a Smart Collection to select the landscape ones and handle them differently than the portrait ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would select all the 16:9 items and create another set of VCs and click the + icon on the collections tab while they remain selected. Create a further named collection which can then be used to re-crop to portrait with auto-sync enabled. You will need to tab through the film strip after all the cropping has sync’d to adjust composition individually. But export should be simple perhaps using long edge. Don’t forget to turn off auto-sync when finished with at least two thumbnails selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don’t forget to turn off auto-sync when finished with at least two thumbnails selected.

It's much safer to use Photo > Copy/Paste Settings in Library than Auto Sync.  It's too easy to forget to turn off Auto Sync and too hard to recover from mistakes (as years of regretful postings here demonstrate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines