• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS3 installer conflict

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few weeks away from the Mac I thought I'd do some Photoshop work on some recent photos. Unfortunately Photoshop wouldn't open and I needed to re-register. After a lot of faffing around I managed to download the updating files from Adobe. I got rid of all my old Adobe applications and went to install the the new CS3 Suite, but the screen below is as far as I can get. I am now stuck in limbo with no Adobe products, old or new. Can anyone offer any 'laymans' advice as I am really peeved that by legitimately trying to update I have been left with nothing.

Screen shot 2018-08-26 at 20.47.20.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved... CS3 is not part of Creative Cloud... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows, and exactly which version of the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for late reply, I have been trying to get in touch with Adobe but they don't seem to be contactable without Skype.

I am (or was) running it on a Mac with OSX 10.6.8 (2.4GHz Intel Core Duo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dcm29603735, please be aware that Adobe does not use Skype to interact with our customers.  If you are being asked to connect via Skype then you are not working with an individual or organization that represents us.

Can you please answer, John's questions.  What version of macOS are you installing CS3 Master Collection on?  What happened to the computer prior to CS3 no longer functioning?  What steps did you take prior to reinstalling Creative Suite 3 Master Collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bit worrying as the email is from ....@adobe.com.

I am running it on a Mac with OSX 10.6.8 (2.4GHz Intel Core Duo).

I went to open Photoshop to do some image editing after couple of weeks break and got a message that I needed to re-register and Photoshop would not work unless I did. I went onto Adobe and read through instructions, delete existing CS3 Suite and downloaded new version (which I still have the massive .dmg files sitting on my desktop). I then go to install and the screen grab in the first post is a far as it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, Dcm29603735, this information is very helpful.  As a first step, please check the installation logs for any specific errors that may be preventing the reinstallation.  Details on how to locate the installation log can be found at Troubleshoot installation with install logs | Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Creative Suite 4 .  The newest errors will be located at the bottom of the file.  Please post any specific errors you discover to this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry getting out of my depth now. Just copy & pasted the last few lines of the log.

Can't see any error on there just a lot of this:

Updated install source from removable media info

Type: 1, Volume Order: 1, Media Name: Adobe CS3 Master Collection, Path: /Volumes/Adobe CS3 Master Collection/Adobe CS3 Master Collection/payloads/AdobeVersionCue3All/AdobeVersionCue3All.dmg

Updating media info for: {de08a23f-60bd-41d3-b703-c1a7bfbc2614}, Effective: {de08a23f-60bd-41d3-b703-c1a7bfbc2614}

Updated install source from removable media info

Type: 1, Volume Order: 1, Media Name: Adobe CS3 Master Collection, Path: /Volumes/Adobe CS3 Master Collection/Adobe CS3 Master Collection/payloads/AdobeVersionCueClient3All/AdobeVersionCueClient3All.dmg

--------------------  END  - Updating Media Sources -  END  --------------------

[       0] Sun Aug 26 20:46:07 2018  INFO

Starting authenticated installer...

See the system-wide log file under /Library/... for additional log messages.

Then another one with a lot of this:

1 Deleting backup file at "/private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/-Tmp-/Cleanup At Startup/.tempmgYmzM"

1 Deleted

[       0] Sun Aug 26 21:14:59 2018  INFO

Completing uninstallation for payload.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is OK, Dcm29603735, the log files can be complicated to understand, and Creative Suite 3 was the first time they were introduced.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything specific errors in the portion you posted.  Did you use the find command to look for any errors within the log?

If so then our best chance to resolve the installation failure is complete removal of the current installation and then reinstall.  Please utilize the following steps to remove and reinstall Master Collection CS3, Dcm29603735:

1. Run all available uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers/
  2. Download a fresh copy of the CC Cleaner Tool and choose the clean all option - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems
  3. Download a fresh copy of the updated Creative Suite 3 installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products
  4. Locate and remove the cache.DB file as described in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8
  5. Reinstall Creative Suite 3 Master Collection with the new serial number provided

Please update this discussion if you have any questions, Dcm29603735, or if you discover any additional errors within the installation log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I've eventually managed to follow the instructions provided (thanks).

All was going well, I seem to have all applications downloaded.

I now try to open Photoshop and it's asking for my new serial number.

Schoolboy error; I wrote it down a few weeks ago when I started the process, but now can't find where I have written it.

Is there a way of retrieving my new serial number? From memory, which isn't too good these days, I think it just appeared on the screen. It wasn't emailed to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Dcm29603735, return to the link where you downloaded the new Creative Suite 3 software. Your new serial number will be posted on the page.  If you need to retrieve your old CS3 serial number, to complete the process, then see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't going well...

I don't have a link to the download. (I had to trawl through Adobe website and find a download, register etc)

Trying to go back through history but nothing there or a 404 error. Problem is I don't have old SN number as I've no idea where the disks are (been fortunate with auto fills so far). Maybe in loft; who knows? Didn't note the new number because assumed I wouldn't need it and could get it once installed.

Guess Adobe will not let me use something that I have paid a premium for because, for whatever reason, it wanted me to re-register something I already own?!

A bit like asking you to prove you have the receipt for your TV every-so-often and if you can't find it, not letting you watch TV?

FUSTRATED is one word to use begining with 'F'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and was instructed to make sure I delete the old version completely so that the new one would install.  pffft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, Dcm29603735, that you are continuing to face errors with reinstalling Creative Suite 3.  If you are reinstalling on the same computer, then you must delete cache.db file as described in Understand why Adobe trial software expires or ends early .

If you continue to face problems, you may want to consider formatting and reinstalling Mac OS.  You can restore any critical documents and settings from your local backup.  Once recovered them you can install Creative Suite 3 without having to locate and remove the cache.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines