• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This form requires Adobe acrobat Reader DC for Mac or windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the error "This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac or Windows",  when I try to open a PDF form on my Android device (one plus 3).  I can open the same PDF form on my windows PC just fine. I have downloaded the newest Adobe Acrobat reader version for the play store. I have also tried downloading Adobe fill and sign to see if that would help.

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes forms made with Acrobat open on mobile. Forms made with LiveCycle Designer do not. In addition, portfolios do not open on mobile.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is true. I don't say this is a good thing, but you need to open this file in Reader on Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Test Screen name. So you are telling me I can only open standard PDF documents on my mobile device just not PDF forms? as that is what is happening at the moment. If this is what it is then it is what it is. I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello  i have a tablet that will not let me open up government forms the error message is (This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc for mac or windows,.

what can i do to get the right program to open??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Reader DC on Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open many forms on your mobile device. But some forms are a special type for which nobody has bothered to make mobile software. You can't know this in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just need to find out what software needs to be used to allow these forms to be created and opened by both Windows and MAC as well as mobile platforms I guess?

I thought that my forms that were originally created Adobe Acrobat writer would naturally open with Adobe Acrobat reader for mobile that is downloaded from the play store, since they opened on Windows and MAC using Adobe Acrobat reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes forms made with Acrobat open on mobile. Forms made with LiveCycle Designer do not. In addition, portfolios do not open on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worst part about this is you can see the preview just fine behind the prompt, so I am thinking it is a permission issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PDFs are such an inconvenient format. Really wish people would stop using it, such a waste of time and effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While those files have a PDF file extension, they are not an actual PDF files. Instead, the file is a wrapper for a XML Forms Architecture (XFA) document. XFA is a proprietary file format, used be another vendor and is not a real PDF. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Posting edited by moderator to remove references to untested, potentially harmful third party products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not true at all!

XFA is absolutely not “a propietary file format” at all. The XFA specification is included in the ISO 32000 PDF specification. XFA forms are obviously not what is referred to as Acroforms and many PDF readers do not support XFA at all or properly, but XFA is not proprietary!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines