Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured - Premiere Pro is useless for me now

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just bought a couple of Yi 4k+ cameras for big project but I cant use ANY of them...

When I try to import mp4. material from Yi 4k+ cameras I get "A low level exception occured in: ImporterQuickTime" or "in: ImporterMPEG".

I tried to do anything, I read like hundreds of pages and discuscions but nothing help. I tried to use render software only, installed newest drivers. I'm stuck now with 90% ready project. Is here anything I can do to get this to work?

My PC:

I7-6700K

1080 Ti

32GB RAM

Z370 ASUS

Total 4TB SSD for files and cache

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

The Yi camera files should now import correctly in Premiere Pro 13.0 that was released today. Make sure to delete your Media Cache Files folder, then launch Premiere and import your Yi files.

More info on what is new in Premiere Pro 13.0:

Premiere Pro CC new features | New virtual reality capability https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the fancy new chip they say the use is using some settings that are pushing the envelope of the format some. I see they say the do H.264/mp4 and RAW.

Which are you shooting?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting h.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to be in the shop today it seems. I'm hoping tomorrow I could download some media from their site and see if it works on mine.

You might go ahead and download MediaInfo, and with that app's icon on your desktop, drag/drop a clip of this over the icon. When M-I opens, use the option to go into "Tree view" ... get a screen-grab png of the Video section, and drag/drop that in your reply box here.

We can see a bit more about the media there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screenshot of MI from today test footage

Zrzut ekranu 2018-08-28 19.39.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stilgarius,

Sorry for this weird issue. Can you try CC2017? How does the clip perform there? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files works perfectly in CC 2017 but the project is so big I cant do it right now from the stratch and I cant open CC 2018 project files in older Premiere Pro.

Encoding and exporting these files from CC2017 to "mp4" again cant be done because I lost so much of quality of this 100mbps / 80 mbps bitrate files even at full max options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recommend you try this

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Next, close Premiere and proceed to delete the cache folders; note the link for the instructions:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Start Premiere and re-import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help juanmario but It doesnt work. I tried all the things with hardware rendering and cache. I disabled intel GPU help and I even tried to run this project on integrated graphic without my GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stilgarius

What a problem, it would be inconvenient to upload a sample so we can try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here you go with a couple seconds of test recording:

https://we.tl/t-X5VAfWnIiV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an open issue with some Yi camera footage currently under investigation and we hope to have it addressed as soon as possible (sorry, I cannot provide ETA).

FYI, the Yi camera files should work in Premiere Pro 12.1.1, which should also be able to open 12.1.2 Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it with 12.1.2 and that test file doesn't import:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Stilgarius for uploading the file, without your input I could not write the following comment.

The following is a personal observation, I am not a technician.

No matter which container it is, MOV_MP4,  when it comes to the Premiere H264 it launches ImporterMPEG.prm, but sometimes it misinterprets the file and starts ImporterQuickTime.prm.

Captura de pantalla (44).png

The cause may be several, in this case I tend to think it is a container write failure, step 2 times, this file has format profile: JVT and the first one does not match this feature.

Download this utility, it is installable or portable, the heart is the ffmpeg:

https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/download.html

Open the file

In format select MP4

In video> Copy mode

In audio> Copy mode

Indicate exit route

Add to Queue> Encode

It lasts a few seconds and does not lose quality, it is only re-encapsulating.

Before: Profile format: JVT

Next: Format profile: Base Media

Your file:

Captura de pantalla (49).png

I hope it works just like me, luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This method works and It doesnt reduce quality and bitrate, but I'm still waiting for Adobe to fix it in their program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for commenting, luckily this problem with Yi 4k + cameras seems easy to solve.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well and it has put a halt on the project as I can not even Render the timeline.  I tried starting a new Project and

importing the old project.  I also cleared the Cache and miss the option in the Project Preferences to clean the cache directly.

I took the LUT off the clip in question and tried to render it again but the time line still had Lumetri effects throughout. 

I wonder if I need to install the LUTs  directly in the Adobe Application folder as opposed to external location when using them.

I can not proceed at this point and need help, please!

A low-level exception occurred in:Lumetri Colr (AEVideoFilter:11)

System:

Mac OS Sierra  10.12.6 Mac Pro (Mid2012)

40 GB Ram Memory

NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 6980 2048 MB

Premiere Version 12.1.2 (Build 69)

-Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT put the LUTs in the package or program folders.

I'm on my phone so I can't just pass the link, but they have information and a chart on where to create a folder each so the Basic tab Technical LUT drop-down browser or the Creative tab drop-down browser will see them and display them in the browse list.

Check on the information at the top of the Overview page of this forum. Also mentioned in the Adobe blog on new features for PrPro 2018.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Yi camera files should now import correctly in Premiere Pro 13.0 that was released today. Make sure to delete your Media Cache Files folder, then launch Premiere and import your Yi files.

More info on what is new in Premiere Pro 13.0:

Premiere Pro CC new features | New virtual reality capability https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines