Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow for editing on the go?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First post here. Hoping someone can help me with my workflow for editing on the go. Basic set-up as follows:

1. Shoot in RAW

2. Transfer from Camera to iPad and rate and edit in LR Mobile (basic only) - these files seem to be JPGs rather than RAW

3. Get home and upload my RAW files to desktop

4. Drag my Mobile catalog images (JPGs) into RAW then stack by capture time.

What I *want* to do is:

1. Copy my ratings from the JPGs to RAWs

2. Copy my edits from JPGs to RAWs

(I then want to delete the JPGs).

Questions:

1. Is there a way to not have my RAWs converted to JPGs when importing into LR Mobile?

2. Assuming there isn't, is there a quick way to bulk copy ratings and/or edits from JPGs to RAWs? (NB: filenames are different)

3. Also assuming there isn't, I notice that copying adjustments from JPG to RAW seem to give very different results colour-wise - seemingly due to white balance and colour profile? Is there any way to "preserve" the RAW colour profile when the file is converted to JPG?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic on your home computer? This is the answer to your workflow questions. If you sync Lightroom Classic with Lightroom, all full resolution raw files imported on your iPad will automatically download to a hard drive designated by Classic. All edits will also follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Theresa,

This post is 15 months old. How did you dig this one up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines