• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Problems - No Timeline, Disappearing, Lag

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using Pr for editing and it started out really great. Now when I try to edit videos it typically acts fine but then will begin to lag, mainly in the timeline area of the editing. Over the course of a few minutes it will make markers disappear, the marker on the timeline can't be used unless you scroll it from the Program portion. Then the slide bars won't react immediately but will catch up anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, randomly jumping around. When trying to click and drag to select multiple clips the white boxes stay there almost indefinitely.
When I've shutdown my whole system and brought Pr back up the Media Browser window and Source window seem to work but the already edited clips won't appear in the Program window or the Timeline window until I hit the play button on the Program side. However, nothing will work (toolbar, slide bar, right-clicking, ect) on the Timeline window, instead I have to attempt to use the Program window to move around to see the clips.

Things I have done:
Restart PC
Shutdown PC (Including cutting power source)
Uninstalling/Installing Pr (This is when it worked right for about 30-35 minutes)
Used Proxy

PC Build:
CPU - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz (Averages 28% Utilization when running Pr)
Memory - 8GB DDR3 (Averages 60% Utilization when running Pr)

Disk 0 (G:) - 1TB SSD
Disk 1 (C:) - 256GB SSD (Typically 3% Utilization when running Pr)
Disk 2 (D:) - 1TB HDD

Ethernet - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
GPU 0 - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series (Averages 10% Utilization when running Pr)

The only thing I can think of to help with the lag would be upgrading my RAM another 8GB? The rest I don't know how to fix though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?