• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic reports synched, but images not available online

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have LR Classic synching working perfectly for several months. Then I replaced my main workstation, and now it has stopped. All my images are available from my new workstation from a huge RAID volume. Everything works fine. But it will no longer sync new files.

From Preferences > Lightroom Sync, it correctly reports that I am connected to my Adobe user account. Under Sync Activity, it reports (0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending): No sync activities.

Yet in my Collections pane, the most current collection reports 910 images, and it's set to sync. When I access my account online or from my LR phone app, that collection reports only 525 images.

There's also an error for one of the images, asking me to reconnect my old workstation, which I no longer own.

I've tried changing the collection in question from sync to not sync, then changing it back. When I do, there's no activity, and no new images appear online.

I also checked my storage limit. Online, it reports: No sync activity. 11MB of 100GB used. However, it seems like the visual line-indicator shows that it's almost full; it's hard to tell. I have 5769 images synched, so I highly doubt it's only using 11MB. Maybe there's only 11MB left; that would seem to be more logical, but that's not what it says, and nowhere does it say I'm out of space. It's hard to believe that the visual indicator of space usage is only one pixel thick. I really can't tell how much space is left by looking at it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Have you confirmed in the Activity Centre (click the down arrow that appears when you hover over the ID Plate) that sync isn't stopped or paused?

Re storage limit....if you only sync from Classic, that uploads Smart Previews only, and they do NOT count against your cloud storage allowance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you confirmed in the Activity Centre (click the down arrow that appears when you hover over the ID Plate) that sync isn't stopped or paused?

Re storage limit....if you only sync from Classic, that uploads Smart Previews only, and they do NOT count against your cloud storage allowance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, under Sync Activity, it reports (0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending): No sync activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you check in the Activity Centre as I suggested? Not in the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab, the Activity Centre which you access via the ID Plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I think that was it. That panel was somehow hidden, so I wasn't able to see it until I moused over it.

Odd that the Sync tab wouldn't report unsynched items and pause status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also log into your account at lightroom.adobe.com. If you find images there that never completely synced, you can delete them with the browser. Then go back to Lightroom classic and try the sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines