1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2008 7:16 AM by phantosmagoria

flash 8 -- trouble with getting button to control parent movie clip

Mordred58 Level 1
      I am making an e-learning where i have a shell file that holds a movie clip that loads in the lesson pages as they are called from a separate actionscript file. in the actionscript file, i have a global variable adds or subtracts, and then functions which place the lesson pages in the shell, etc. at the end of one of the lesson pages, i have a movie clip button that i need to remove itself and advance the user to the next page in the lesson.

my question is, how do i get the button on one lesson page to unload that lesson page from the shell movie clip, and then advance the user to the next part of the lesson?
        • 1. Re: flash 8 -- trouble with getting button to control parent movie clip
          phantosmagoria Level 1
          In one of my projects i used such method.May be it can help you.

I had a main site that loads independent flash movies to my main stages.In these little animations i create a button named "Close" button.And added unloadMovie(_root.tech) to my button. (In this example tech my movie instance name.) This codes simply unload my movie and i think you can add more code to go on your lessons.But this button have to be in independent movies.

I hope it helps