4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2008 4:15 PM by Newsgroup_User

Director Podcast Episode 29 Posted

skiplondon
      Hey Director Podcast Fans!

Just wanted to let you know that a NEW episode of the Director Podcast was posted today after an absence of almost a year!

If you are subscribed in Itunes already, just update your podcasts and you will find our new episodes there for your listening pleasure.

For those of you that do now know about our podcasts, please visit http://director.magicgate.com

This episode we discuss the upcoming release of Director 11 so don't miss out on the fun!

We have also implemented a new search engine for searching through our podcasts. Once again, check out the podcast page for more information.

Enjoy!
        • 1. Re: Director Podcast Episode 29 Posted
          Level 7
          skiplondon wrote:
          > Hey Director Podcast Fans! Just wanted to let you know that a NEW episode of
          > the Director Podcast was posted today after an absence of almost a year! If
          > you are subscribed in Itunes already, just update your podcasts and you will
          > find our new episodes there for your listening pleasure. For those of you
          > that do now know about our podcasts, please visit http://director.magicgate.com
          > This episode we discuss the upcoming release of Director 11 so don't miss out
          > on the fun! We have also implemented a new search engine for searching
          > through our podcasts. Once again, check out the podcast page for more
          > information. Enjoy!
          >

Hey Skippy!

The link to Episode 29 takes you right back to the index - this is kind
          of like D11 deja vu all over again?

Prof. S.
          • 2. Re: Director Podcast Episode 29 Posted
            skiplondon Level 1
            Hey Prof!

I assume you are talking about the link on the right hand side of the screen that that says "Episode 29." Yes, that link should take you back (for now) to the Director Podcast index page... that is where the most recent podcast lives. Once episode 30 comes out, 29 will have its own unique page.

Does that help?
            • 3. Re: Director Podcast Episode 29 Posted
              Level 7
              skiplondon wrote:
              > Hey Prof! I assume you are talking about the link on the right hand side of
              > the screen that that says 'Episode 29.' Yes, that link should take you back
              > (for now) to the Director Podcast index page... that is where the most recent
              > podcast lives. Once episode 30 comes out, 29 will have its own unique page.
              > Does that help?
              >
              Yes, I can listen to podcast 29 now. When I click on the graphic to the
              left, I get an error message saying it can't find iTunes. Odd, since I
              have it. I was able to click access mp3 file directly, which is fine
              with me. Now there's two more episodes - will check them. I'm very
              interested in learning about the new version.
              • 4. Re: Director Podcast Episode 29 Posted
                Level 7
                skiplondon wrote:
                > Hey Prof! I assume you are talking about the link on the right hand side of
                > the screen that that says 'Episode 29.' Yes, that link should take you back
                > (for now) to the Director Podcast index page... that is where the most recent
                > podcast lives. Once episode 30 comes out, 29 will have its own unique page.
                > Does that help?
                >
                If I may make a suggestion - please! Clicking the most current link on
                the right should take you to a page that is clearly labeled as Episode
                31, not the index page. When you're on the index page it is not clear
                how one should launch the podcast. The graphic toward the top of the
                page is very vague. Also, some people will click that and get iTunes
                not found and just quit. What I am saying is that your page is not as
                user friendly as it could be and that will result in a loss of new
                listeners who will just give up. You should also make it more clear on
                how to access the mp3 file directly if you're having trouble with the
                iTunes approach.