6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 4:21 AM by Raag Shanker

Target Recommendation Feed Via URL

abhishekg98410891 Level 1
      1. In the create Feed section, if instead of FTP, we select URL than which URL we should have it? Could it be URL of AEM DAM if we save our file there?

CSV Feed.png

• 1. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL
          Raag Shanker Adobe Employee

HI Abhishek,

As long as the feed contains data in the right format and the URL does not require authentication you should be good to go. However if the URL requires authentication then you should opt for FTP because I don't think we setup credentials for URL method.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

• 2. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL

Hi Shanker,

As in the recommendation Feed sample by Adobe, first column is for "## RECSentity.id"

Could you please let me know, what different datatypes are possible in "## RECSentity.id"? i.e Alphanumeric/numeric/character etc.??

Could we use Page URL in  "## RECSentity.id"?

• 3. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL
              TanviAgarwal Adobe Employee

Hi Abhishek,

Entity ID is the product ID which is used to identify the products uniquely on the page. It can be Alphanumeric but not suggested to be a URL. You can refer below document for more details on entity ID

Entity Attributes

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tanvi

• 4. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL

Hi Shanker

I tried uploading a feed via URL approach

Below are the steps I took

In the Publish instance of AEM DAM I uploaded a .csv file (feedwomenpage.csv).

PFB URL of feed http://localhost:4503/content/dam/we-retail/feedwomenpage.csv

Feed is available, if I check putting this URL in chrome browser

(I created a sample feed after downloading the format from Adobe Target console itself)

I provided this URL in Adobe Target console, in creation of feed section via csv and URL

In schedule section, I scheduled it for daily, and provide time after 5 minutes of the time when I created this

It does not ask for any mapping, environment all host groups and I saved it

The Feed status Changes from Waiting for downlaod --> Unknown Error (PFA image of error)

Kindly help me in understanding, where I am going wrong, Why this "Unknown Error" is coming??

Unknown Error Feed.JPG

• 5. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL

Tanvi

I tried uploading a feed via URL approach

Below are the steps I took

In the Publish instance of AEM DAM I uploaded a .csv file (feedwomenpage.csv).

PFB URL of feed http://localhost:4503/content/dam/we-retail/feedwomenpage.csv

Feed is available, if I check putting this URL in chrome browser

(I created a sample feed after downloading the format from Adobe Target console itself)

I provided this URL in Adobe Target console, in creation of feed section via csv and URL

In schedule section, I scheduled it for daily, and provide time after 5 minutes of the time when I created this

It does not ask for any mapping, environment all host groups and I saved it

The Feed status Changes from Waiting for downlaod --> Unknown Error (PFA image of error)

Kindly help me in understanding, where I am going wrong, Why this "Unknown Error" is coming??

Unknown Error Feed.JPG

• 6. Re: Target Recommendation Feed Via URL
                    Raag Shanker Adobe Employee

Hi Abhishek,

The URL seems to be a local host which cannot be accessed externally. Could you please upload the feed on a URL which is accessible over the internet without authentication.

The unknown error is most likely being caused because recommendation is not able to access the local host

Thanks

Raag