• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is very a very disappointing move

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very a very disappointing move on adobe's part, and continues to exemplify the disturbing trend adobe has adopted of simply removing features, leaving professional users with little to no alternative options.

Adobe recently pulled a similar move by no longer allowing a direct link to adobe speed grade from the newer versions of premier pro. It would be one thing if speedgrade had been integrated into premier pro, but it was not, and the color correction tools offered as an alternative did not provide the same level of precision and control.

So now that story is dead here is my question; Why should I continue to spend a good chunk of money paying adobe every month, when the services I rely on to run my business are slowly being whittled away? Also it's not like it's getting any cheaper.

The value this company is offering seems to be steadily dropping, and focusing more on the social media content producers, rather than the professionals.

So what assurance do I have that you guys will continue to take care of your professional user base? I'm very close to taking my business elsewhere permanently, and I would really rather not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am feeling very sad and abused. Story Classic is a great product. I am lucky enough to have a classic desktop version that still works. I can't even get web based Story Classic to load. The new version (the HTML based version) stinks. Not even close to the functionality of the classic version. The biggest thing about this stupid decision to discontinue the product is that scripts are integral to film making! What are they thinking?

Time to make changes. For editing, I love Davinci Resolve. That is free and there is a $300 paid version with a few more features. I guess I can invest in Final Draft and that would solve the script writing issue.
So what would I need from Adobe at that point? I use After Effects. But Blackmagic has something called Fusion that I think may handle a lot of that functionality. There is also Apple Motion, which I own.

The main things I would be missing are Photoshop and Lightroom which I suppose I could get from them for 20 bucks a month. Even that irks me. I am not at all happy.

This reminds me of the stupid move that Apple made when they released the iMovie version of Final Cut Pro. But this is worse, because at least there was a replacement product.

Finally, if these guys were committed to providing a suite of tools for filmmaking, there is no way they would have pulled this from the lineup, no matter what the percentage of users. Besides as has been stated, they spent no time or money promoting this. Story was one of the most promising products Adobe created. Cutting and running spooks the heard. Same thing happened at Apple. These guys are big and huge and full of themselves. They scorn or ignore the little people that complain; the people that are paying the bills. Idiotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am switching to Fade In Pro for my script needs. Maybe you can check that out.

I am feeling the same way now. As things get removed, I am finding other software to fill the gap. Speedgrade was removed, I switched to Resolve. Just recently picked up the studio version. Story was removed, I moved to Fade In Pro and Gorilla for scheduling needs. This year, I am expecting Resolve to make further in roads with their editing side and with Fairlight and Fusion for audio and composite needs... I am beginning to believe this will now be my last year with Adobe. I have slowly begun to purchase replacement products so I would be subscription free. The subscription never bothered me as long as I was able to stay 100% in the Adobe family.

Oh well, I don't expect them to reverse their decision... they didn't with Speedgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently found a scriptwriting program called KIT Scenarist. It is completely free if you just want a version for yourself, or you can choose to pay for it and that will give you cloud options.

It is truly a fantastic piece of work as far as programs go. Tons of great features, totally intuitive, and the learning curve is hardly a challenge. It makes the free version of Story, that came with the CC subscription, truly smell like the little turd that it was.

I can only hope it's going to be this way each time I find something to replace one of my adobe needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah but even those of us with the desktop app, it will no longer function after January 2019. I'm really upset about it, too. It can't cost that much to maintain, can it? I absolutely LOVE Adobe Story and am going to be even more upset when it's january of next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines