• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC Classic freezes during startup

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During LR startup a notification box appears that contains a red circle with an inner white X and just the message "?:0: attempt to index a nil value" at which time neither the box or LR can be closed. Have to use "end task" in Task Manager to close it. I have not been able to find any specifics about this particular issue anywhere and am ready to pull my hair out. The problem showed up 3 days ago and I've been busting my hump trying to figure out how to fix it. I've done the uninstall and reinstall drill, unmounted and remounted an external HDD drive with associated restart. At this point all I'm looking to do is migrate my catalogs (and settings) to any other program that won't leave me looking for answers in a forum. Hell, you can't find an email address or phone number for product support. WTF? Help me please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Billc,

Sorry about the frustrated experience with Lightroom Classic CC, let us help make this right.

Could you please check that Lightroom Classic CC is updated to the latest version 7.5? See Keep your Lightroom version up to date ​Also, are you using any 3rd party plugins in Lightroom?Could you try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps: How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Billc,

Sorry about the frustrated experience with Lightroom Classic CC, let us help make this right.

Could you please check that Lightroom Classic CC is updated to the latest version 7.5? See Keep your Lightroom version up to date ​Also, are you using any 3rd party plugins in Lightroom?Could you try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps: How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines