9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 6:16 AM by SjeikMatte

Vista and Fireworks CS3

I just bought a new desktop (Vista Home Premium, Pentium Dual Core @1.6, 2024 ram, HDD 320 @ 7200) and installed CS3 Web Premium (Which worked well on my slower XP Pro laptop). Fireworks simply will not work. I've read some of the posts related to this issue and was unsure of where to begin trying to resolve this. I purchased the student edition and don't think that I get free* support. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
          Level 7
          It has always worked fine on my Vista Ultimate box, so I'm not sure where to
          start helping you. What are the symptoms?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"mcmono50" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fogma8$6g5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I just bought a new desktop (Vista Home Premium, Pentium Dual Core @1.6,
          >2024
          > ram, HDD 320 @ 7200) and installed CS3 Web Premium (Which worked well on
          > my
          > slower XP Pro laptop). Fireworks simply will not work. I've read some of
          > the
          > posts related to this issue and was unsure of where to begin trying to
          > resolve
          > this. I purchased the student edition and don't think that I get free*
          > support.
          > Any help would be appreciated.
          >
          >
          >

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
            Lisa Wilcox
            quote:

Originally posted by: mcmono50
            I just bought a new desktop (Vista Home Premium, Pentium Dual Core @1.6, 2024 ram, HDD 320 @ 7200) and installed CS3 Web Premium (Which worked well on my slower XP Pro laptop). Fireworks simply will not work. I've read some of the posts related to this issue and was unsure of where to begin trying to resolve this. I purchased the student edition and don't think that I get free* support. Any help would be appreciated.

I too, have had this same problem and have scoured the Adobe site trying to find an answer. I'm on WIndows Vista Home Premium (160GB HD, 2G processor, 3G memory) I have InDesign, Photoshop, and DW CS3 and they all installed fine and work. I'm at my ropes end because I can't seem to find a solution, I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

• 3. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
              Lisa Wilcox Level 1
              I don't know about mcmono, but whenever I try to open fireworks I get the following error:
              The application Fireworks has unexpectedly quit.

A crash report has been generated. To provide us with the best chance of fixing the problem, please click on the continue button to send a crash report.
              • 4. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                I opened a site in DW and then edited an image on the page via FW and that allowed me to run FW. Now it runs all the time. I can't say that is any kind of solution, but it worked for me so I'll share it with you.

I apologize for not replying earlier about the symptoms but there were none. Everything worked well and then FW stopped working.
                • 5. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                  Lisa Wilcox Level 1
                  I'll try that and see what happens. For me this is a fresh install and I can't even get the program to open at all.
                  Thanks
                  Lisa
                  • 6. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                    Thats what mine said too.
                    • 7. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                      I understand the frustration, believe me. My computer was days old when I installed CS3. I have not had seven consecutive days without serious problems.
                      • 8. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                        Lisa Wilcox Level 1
                        Fireworks is the only app I'm having problems with.
                        • 9. Re: Vista and Fireworks CS3
                          SjeikMatte

I think i have a well working solution.

I had a problem with larger files. I have an huge ammount of memory, but on big files with multiple pages it crashed a lot.

When i put the thumbnails view off in pages and layers fireworks is a lot quicker!