• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15 Won't Open .CR3 Files

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 and PSE 15. I just shot some RAW files with the Canon extension .CR3. I try to open in RAW in PSE, but they won't open. I checked for updates, but my software indicates everything is up to date. How can I open Canon .CR3 files so I can edit them... or even look at them with this software? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

You don't state the only necessary information: which is your Canon camera type? If the camera was issued after the release of PSE15, obviously its raw format can't be recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALLES OK ,Bedankt

Van: MichelBParis

Verzonden: zaterdag 8 september 2018 19:18

Aan: gerard vanpoucke

Onderwerp: PSE 15 Won't Open .CR3 Files

created by MichelBParis <https://forums.adobe.com/people/MichelBParis> in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10609088#10609088>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CR3 - RAW format is relatively new. At the moment only the .CR3 file from the Canon M50 was supported. For other cameras Adobe has to develop the support in the appropriate applications. You have to wait until Adobe released the updates. In the meantime you must you the Canon DPP utility.

BTW: I don't know if  PSE 15 is still supported. If not you have to buy an update to the newest PSE version. Or you convert the .CR3 files into the DNG format using Adobe DNG Converter. Then you can use this files in PSE 15.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Axel!

I guess they will inevitably push you to the newer product. Ha!

Yes, apparently the .CR3 format is only in Canon's EOS M50 camera... at least right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALLES OK, Bedankt

Van: laconicantgnst

Verzonden: zaterdag 8 september 2018 19:08

Aan: gerard vanpoucke

Onderwerp: PSE 15 Won't Open .CR3 Files

created by laconicantgnst <https://forums.adobe.com/people/laconicantgnst> in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10609126#10609126>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines