• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing letters

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat pdf Reader for Android. When I am in reading mode, letters fl and fi disappear. For example the word 'first' would become 'rst' and 'office' becomes 'oce'. This problem occurred once a couple of years ago but was fixed. It has now come back. Please see if you can do anything. Thank you.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Williamywloo,

Thank you for posting the issue.

We would like to replicate the issue at our end.

Could you please provide some details on this as asked below:

- What is the make and model of the device on which you experience the issue?

- Current application and OS version on the device?

- Did you notice if it occurs with some particular PDFs?

- Did you try to replicate the same on an alternate device?

- Is it possible to share any PDF on which the issue occurs?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi,

Thank you very much for the message. To answer your questions:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Model SM-G920F

- Current application and OS version on the device?Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 18.2.0.182935Android Version 7.0

I am not sure...

- Did you try to replicate the same on an alternate device?Only on my PC, and did not notice any problems.

- Is it possible to share any PDF on which the issue occurs?Please try the attached article. On my PC, the second sentence reads: "Drive south from Palo Alto through 20 minutes of inevitable traffic to Sunnyvale and you will find a landmark of a different kind."

But on my phone in reading mode, the sentence reads: "Drive south from Palo Alto through 20 minutes of inevitable trac to Sunnyvale and you will nd a landmark of a dierent kind."

If you have any further questions or need further information, then please do not hesitate to let me know. 

Thanks and good luck!

William

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 8:00:23 a.m. GMT+2, meenakshin83966505 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Missing letters

created by meenakshin83966505 in Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets - View the full discussion

Hi Williamywloo,

Thank you for posting the issue.

We would like to replicate the issue at our end.

Could you please provide some details on this as asked below:

- Current application and OS version on the device?

- Did you try to replicate the same on an alternate device?

- Is it possible to share any PDF on which the issue occurs?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10613053#10613053 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10613053#10613053

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the information asked above.

However, I cannot find the link to file in your last reply.

You will not be able to attach the PDF here on the forums.

Please use the steps provided in this help link How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

We would require the PDF to replicate the issue on our end.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,Here is the link to the file: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/9b6a7f87-3d06-4dea-b64a-a687058265a7

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.

Best, William

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 10:08:48 a.m. GMT+2, meenakshin83966505 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Missing letters

created by meenakshin83966505 in Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets - View the full discussion

Hi William,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the information asked above.

However, I cannot find the link to file in your last reply.

You will not be able to attach the PDF here on the forums.

Please use the steps provided in this help link How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

We would require the PDF to replicate the issue on our end.

Regards,

Meenakshi

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10639298#10639298 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10639298#10639298

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue.  My company send out an important notice as a PDF to our client but people reading it on Android saw a badly spelled notice.   Very embarrassing.

What is the solution we can give our clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Can you please share the problematic PDF at [Moderator: email id removed, you may send PM How Do I Send Private Message ] so that we can look into the issue? If you are also facing the issue in Reading mode as in similar post, as a workaround, we will suggest you to read this particular PDF in other view modes till the time issue is not fixed.

Thanks,

Acrobat Android Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are able to see the issue and looking into it. As a workaround, we would suggest you to see this PDF in view mode other than reading mode, as this issue is coming only in reading mode.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines