• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro only imports audio when trying to import .mov files.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a feature length documentary that is premiering at London Film Festival in October  that I am cutting on Premiere Pro- so the delivery date is very soon.

I have been working on this film (on and  off) for 20 years so I have hundreds of hours of 'legacy' files. I am finding that when i try and import .mov file - it either will not allow it or it only imports the 'aiff and not the image.

Very difficult for me as I have a looming deadline in which I need to be spending all of my time on the edit and not on sorting out problems ns that Adobe Premier has created for my workflow.

I am working with an operating system - 10.13.6 and version 12.1.1 (Adobe Premiere Pro). I have also cleared all my media caches. I would appreciate a swift answer to this problem as I am being held up immeasurably.

Many thanks

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Are the files already in the project working?

Apple is dropping support for 32 bit codecs, and Adobe made the change with PR 2018. The probable answer for you may be to revert to PR 2017. Adobe has continued support for some of the codecs, but given your timeline you can't wait to see if any others are added. I do not know if any were added with 2018.1.2, which is the latest version.

Here are a couple relevant threads:

Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 CC not Importing video to some .MOV files but files still working on 2017 CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the files already in the project working?

Apple is dropping support for 32 bit codecs, and Adobe made the change with PR 2018. The probable answer for you may be to revert to PR 2017. Adobe has continued support for some of the codecs, but given your timeline you can't wait to see if any others are added. I do not know if any were added with 2018.1.2, which is the latest version.

Here are a couple relevant threads:

Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 CC not Importing video to some .MOV files but files still working on 2017 CC

32-Bit QuickTime Support Ending - Premiere v12.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines