5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2018 7:02 PM by iano55454474

Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic

iano55454474

for some reason, I’m not able to zoom in on some parts of a photo by the click of the mouse. About half the image, mostly in the middle is not clickable. Just the cursor arrow shows. I haven’t changed any settings. Can someone please advise me how to get back to being able to click on any part of an image in loupe view and have in zoom in. Thanks

• 1. Re: Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic
          iano55454474 Level 1

This issue seems to have corrected itself, I restarted the App and all is working properly now.

• 2. Re: Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic
            Bob Somrak Level 6

What version of Lightroom are you using?  This was (or maybe still is) a LONG term issue I have seen in the past since at least version 2 or so and has been reported many times on the forum.  It hasn't happened to me for over a year and I haven't seen it discussed lately on the forum so maybe it has been fixed in the latest Lightroom releases.  It almost acts like there is a PHANTOM dialog box being executed as sometimes I was able to actually resize the area if I moved the cursor slowly and the cursor would change to a double arrow.  Its wasn't repeatable so it probably hard to diagnose the problem.  A restart of Lr always fixed it for me.

• 3. Re: Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic
              iano55454474 Level 1

Thanks Bob, I am using Lr Classic CC, fully up to date. I have been using this for about a month, today is the first time I experienced it, it happened twice today, but was corrected by a restart. I was wondering if I had inadver changed a setting, obviously not. Another issue I had today was a very dark screen, all of a sudden everything that was white blank space, went dark and you could barely read the text. Again a restart fixed that. Ever experienced that?

• 4. Re: Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic
                richardplondon Level 4

This other issue (the dim dark interface) - could that be "Lights Out" mode? This is where pressing the L key cycles through normal, dim, black - your photo should itself stay normally visible, except that a white border line is shown.

• 5. Re: Zooming in loupe view, Lr Classic
                  iano55454474 Level 1

Thanks for that, that’s exactly what it was. I’m new to Lr, just one month in so far, so I learn something new every day. Appreciate your response!